Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Collection of Dreams and Objects



Right now I am searching for an edge between what is real and what is unreal. I am challenging the spectator to work a little bit, to reap the reward of using his or her imagination. My intention is to capture the experiences that move me in and out of reality as I work, and to share these experiences with my audience. The plaster towers can be all at once rigid, structural, and familiar. At the same time they are strange, precarious, and potentially fragile, having no armature and balancing on top of one another. Their active qualities lie not only in the tension created by fragility and balance, but also in an activated surface texture adorning live sculptural lines that trace space without the restriction of an armature.

Mark Donohue
2008

No comments: